- Target Software
- software that is intended to execute on real, simulated, or emulated embedded hardware.
- Host Software
- software that is used in the development and production of Target Software and which executes on a host computer, and any associated documentation.
The following clauses are excluded from this license when the software is used in the development and production of Target Software for Raspberry Pi platforms and/or the Target Software has not been purchased by the Licensee:
For avoidance of doubt, for Raspberry Pi platforms:
- The Software may be used for evaluation purposes only.
- Redistribution of object and/or binary forms of the Target Software or derivatives thereof are strictly prohibited.
- The Licensor will not indemnify the Licensee against any loss or damage suffered or incurred by the Licensee as provided for in 6.3, nor does the Licensor make any undertaking to modify, replace or license any eCosPro licensed code that infringes a third party's intellectual property rights as provided for in 6.2.
- In accordance with this License, the Licensor hereby grants the Licensee a non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the software and documentation distributed under the terms and conditions of the eCosPro License. Redistribution of Host Software in any form and Target Software in source code form is strictly prohibited.
- Subject to Section 2, “Exclusions”, the Licensee is permitted unlimited distribution in object and/or binary forms only of the Target Software or derivatives thereof.
The Software components that are licensed for use under this License are subject to the following terms and conditions:
Definition of Use
- The Licensee is granted a non-transferable, non-exclusive right to use the Software in the development and production of Target Software. The Licensee may study and modify the source code of the Software where provided. Furthermore, the Licensee may compile and assemble the Target Software or modified versions thereof, into object or binary form.
- Subject to Section 2, “Exclusions”, the Licensee is permitted unlimited distribution of object and/or binary forms, or derivatives thereof, of the Target Software.
Protection and Security
Except in relation to object or binary forms of the Target Software where distribution is permitted by 4.1.b, the Licensee agrees to take reasonable measures to protect all proprietary information and copyrights of Licensor in regards to the Software, to ensure that no unauthorised person has access to the Software and that there is no unauthorised copying or distribution of the Software. Furthermore, the Licensee is strictly prohibited from disclosing the source software, utilities, installation programs, associated documentation, or other proprietary information to any other parties, regardless of whether or not these were modified by the Licensee.
The Licensee may not sublicense, lease, rent, lend nor distribute the Software or any lawful copies thereof or otherwise transfer any of their rights under the Agreement to any other party. without the prior written consent of the Licensor.
This license is effective until terminated.
This license will terminate under the following conditions:
- The Licensee files a bankruptcy petition or enters into an agreement to assign its assets for the benefit of creditors; or
- The Licensee violates its obligations as defined by this License and the Agreement; or
- The Licensor reasonably believes that the Licensee has violated its obligations as defined by this License and the Agreement and the failure has not been corrected within 30 days after notification by the Licensor; or
- The Licensee does not pay the full invoiced amount within 30 days past the net payment terms specified in the Licensee's purchase order, where provided, to Licensor;
If termination of this license occurs, Licensee must cease all use of the Software and immediately return or destroy all software source code, utilities, associated documentation Upon termination, there will be no refund of any monies paid by Licensee. Furthermore, Licensee must certify in writing to Licensor that Licensee no longer possesses or is using any of the Licensor's software or documentation to develop new Target Software.
Where distribution of binary and/or object code forms of the Target Software is permitted, this termination clause does not require the return of these forms shipped by Licensee prior to license termination.
This software is provided by the Licensor as is and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non- infringement of intellectual property rights, except where section 6.2 and 6.3 apply, are disclaimed. The Licensor does not warrant that the Software will meet the Licensee's requirements or that operation of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the Software will be error-free.
This section (Section 5, “No Warranty”) will survive the termination of this License for any reason.
The intellectual property rights in any eCosPro licensed code shall remain vested in the Licensor.
- Subject to Section 2, “Exclusions”, in the event any eCosPro licensed code infringes a third party's intellectual property rights, Licensor undertakes to either: (i) replace or modify the affected code so that it would not be infringing anymore; or (ii) obtain at Licensor's expense a license of use for Licensee having the same scope that the license granted under the Agreement.
- Subject to Section 2, “Exclusions”, the Licensor will indemnify the Licensee against any loss or damage suffered or incurred by the Licensee as a result of any claim that the use or possession by the Licensee in accordance with this agreement of any eCosPro licensed code supplied by the Licensor infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party.
Some countries, including member countries of the European economic area, or some of their states, do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so the below limitation or exclusion may not apply to the Licensee.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and regardless of whether any remedy set forth herein fails of its essential purpose, in no event will the Licensor be liable to the Licensee for any special, consequential, indirect or similar damages, including any lost profits or lost data arising out of the use or inability to use the software even if the Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
This License is governed by English law. Both the Licensor and the Licensee submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to any dispute concerning this agreement but the Licensor is also entitled to apply to any court worldwide for injunctive and other remedies in order to protect or enforce its Intellectual Property Rights.