eCosPro Developer's Kit
eCosPro Developer's Kits combine the feature set, stability and quality of support required for commercial embedded application development with eCos.
- All the necessary elements for eCos application development are included in the Developer's Kit: Eclipse-based IDE, GNU compiler toolset and utilities, GUI based eCos configuration tool, RedBoot debug and bootstrap firmware, and the eCos RTOS. The standard features of eCos are augmented with a range of exclusive eCosPro tools and runtime features.
- Rigorously tested and quality assured, eCosPro provides a stable and reliable base for your application. A comprehensive automated test infrastructure typically runs over 21,000 tests for each supported target platform in a release. This typically takes over two weeks of runtime to process within the test farm.
- Technicial support is included as standard, acting as a safeguard against any problems you might encounter, answering your questions and helping to keep your project on track. This includes both incident (bug fixes) and advice-line (usage questions) support services for eCosPro.
eCosPro Developer's Kit Features:
- Windows development hosts (64-bit) *: Windows 10 & 11
- Linux development hosts (64-bit) **: Ubuntu LTS (18.04-20.04), Mint (21), Debian (11), openSUSE Leap (15.5), Fedora (28) and RHEL 7.x.
- Graphical installer simplifies and speeds installation
- A comprehensive set of hosted development tools:
- Customized Eclipse-based IDE supports eCos project creation wizard, system configuration and application development
- The GNU toolchain includes C/C++ compiler, assembler, linker, debugger and utilities
- A range of commercial hardware debug solutions are supported for both Eclipse IDE and GDB command line based debugging
- Prebuilt RedBoot firmware binaries enable target debugging via Ethernet or serial connections, for both Eclipse IDE and GDB command line based debuggers
- The eCos Configuration Tool enables developers to create application specific configurations of eCos. This enables application developers to create an RTOS that matches their applications specific requirements in terms of functionality, performance and resource footprint.
- Memory allocation analysis and debugging tools
- Profiling and code coverage tools
- Extensive runtime feature set:
- Configurable functionality enables creation of application specific operating system
- The kernel provides a highly efficient foundation for eCos applications. It's many features include:
- HAL layering for enhanced portability
- Exception and interrupt handlng
- Multiple scheduler implementations, multi-threading and wide range of synchronization primitives
- Timers, counters and alarm handling
- Memory handling
- POSIX compatibility
- ISO C and math library
- Standard C++ and extended math libraries
- lwIP small footprint networking stack
- FreeBSD networking stack
- BootUP and Robust Boot Loader (RBL) packages for in-field software upgrades
- FlashSafe API for high-reliability data logging to NOR flash
- Objloader based runtime loading, relocation and linking of object files
- JFFS2 Journalling Flash File System for NOR flash
- Yaffs journalling file system for NAND flash
- DOS-compatible FAT filesystem with support for FAT12/16/32, long filenames, internationalization, removable media, and multi-threaded access
- Extended device support includes Ethernet, RS232, watchdog, wallclock (RTC), I2C, SPI, PCI, IDE, ADC, GPIO, framebuffer, NOR flash, NAND flash, dataflash, SD/SDHC, CF, MMC, CAN, MODBUS, Host and Device USB.
- Support for many microprocessors and target platforms that are not available in the public release (see below)
- Expanded, reorganized and reformatted eCos documentation set, with eCosPro feature and target platform additions
Also available is an expanding range of eCosCentric and third party middleware, fully tested and certified for use with eCosPro. Evaluation copies of Host and Device USB stacks, mDNS, CAN, MMFS and Yaffs middleware are included within most eCosPro releases.
The eCosPro Developer's Kits support a wide range of architectures, processor variants and development boards. Architectural support includes:
|■ Cortex-A5||■ Cortex-A7||■ Cortex-A9||■ Cortex-A53|
|■ Cortex-M3||■ Cortex-M4||■ Cortex-M7||■ ARM7|
|■ ARM9||■ ColdFire||■ MIPS||■ microMIPS|
|■ Nios II||■ PowerPC||■ SuperH||■ Tile-Gx|
|■ V850||■ x86 (IA32)|
A detailed table of the architectures, processors, development boards, hardware features supported by eCosPro is available here. The table also lists the availability of various hardware-dependent eCosPro runtime features which can vary on a target by target basis. This includes device drivers, boot, update and debug features.