Table of Contents
- Profiling a Program: Where Does It Spend Its Time?
- 1 Introduction to Profiling
- 2 Compiling a Program for Profiling
- 3 Executing the Program
- 5 Interpreting
- 6 Inaccuracy of
- 7 Answers to Common Questions
- 8 Incompatibilities with Unix
- 9 Details of Profiling
- Appendix A GNU Free Documentation License
Profiling a Program: Where Does It Spend Its Time?
This manual describes the gnu profiler,
gprof, and how you
can use it to determine which parts of a program are taking most of the
execution time. We assume that you know how to write, compile, and
execute programs. gnu
gprof was written by Jay Fenlason.
This manual is for
This document is distributed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3. A copy of the license is included in the section entitled “GNU Free Documentation License”.