27.2.1 gdb/mi Input Syntax
]cli-command nl, where cli-command is any existing gdb CLI command.
( " "option
)* [ " --" ] ( " "parameter
- "any sequence of digits"
[ " "parameter
- any of the operations described in this chapter
- anything, provided it doesn't contain special characters such as
"-", nl, """ and of course " "
CR | CR-LF
- The CLI commands are still handled by the mi interpreter; their output is described below.
- The token, when present, is passed back when the command finishes.
- Some mi commands accept optional arguments as part of the parameter list. Each option is identified by a leading - (dash) and may be followed by an optional argument parameter. Options occur first in the parameter list and can be delimited from normal parameters using -- (this is useful when some parameters begin with a dash).
- We want easy access to the existing CLI syntax (for debugging).
- We want it to be easy to spot a mi operation.