28.6 Running the Program
is output. When the program stops,
- The program exited, and exit-status is the exit status (zero for successful exit, otherwise nonzero).
- The program exited with a signal. After the
^Z^Zsignalled, the annotation continues:
intro-text ^Z^Zsignal-name name ^Z^Zsignal-name-end middle-text ^Z^Zsignal-string string ^Z^Zsignal-string-end end-text
where name is the name of the signal, such as
SIGSEGV, and string is the explanation of the signal, such as
Segmentation fault. intro-text, middle-text, and end-text are for the user's benefit and have no particular format.
- The syntax of this annotation is just like
signalled, but gdb is just saying that the program received the signal, not that it was terminated with it.
- The program hit breakpoint number number.
- The program hit watchpoint number number.