ld and MSP430
For the MSP430 it is possible to select the MPU architecture. The flag -m [mpu type] will select an appropriate linker script for selected MPU type. (To get a list of known MPUs just pass -m help option to the linker).
- Defines a portion of ROM where interrupt vectors located.
- Defines the bootloader portion of the ROM (if applicable). Any code
in this section will be uploaded to the MPU.
- Defines an information memory section (if applicable). Any code in
this section will be uploaded to the MPU.
- This is the same as the .infomem section except that any code
in this section will not be uploaded to the MPU.
- Denotes a portion of RAM located above .bss section.
The last two sections are used by gcc.