Installing GCC: BinariesWe are often asked about pre-compiled versions of GCC. While we cannot provide these for all platforms, below you'll find links to binaries for various platforms where creating them by yourself is not easy due to various reasons.
Please note that we did not create these binaries, nor do we support them. If you have any problems installing them, please contact their makers.
- Renesas H8/300[HS]—GNU Development Tools for the Renesas H8/300[HS] Series.
- Motorola 68HC11/68HC12—GNU Development Tools for the Motorola 68HC11/68HC12.
- SCO OpenServer/Unixware.
- Solaris 2 (SPARC, Intel)—Sunfreeware.
- SGI—SGI Freeware.
- Microsoft Windows:
- The Written Word offers binaries for AIX 4.3.3, 5.1 and 5.2, IRIX 6.5, Tru64 UNIX 4.0D and 5.1, GNU/Linux (i386), HP-UX 10.20, 11.00, and 11.11, and Solaris/SPARC 2.5.1, 2.6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
- OpenPKG offers binaries for quite a number of platforms.
- The GFortran Wiki has links to GNU Fortran binaries for several platforms.
In addition to those specific offerings, you can get a binary distribution CD-ROM from the Free Software Foundation. It contains binaries for a number of platforms, and includes not only GCC, but other stuff as well. The current CD does not contain the latest version of GCC, but it should allow bootstrapping the compiler. An updated version of that disk is in the works.