-m31 | -m64
- Select 31- or 64-bit ABI implying a word size of 32- or 64-bit.
These options are only available with the ELF object file format, and require that the necessary BFD support has been included (on a 31-bit platform you must add –enable-64-bit-bfd on the call to the configure script to enable 64-bit usage and use s390x as target platform).
-mesa | -mzarch
- Select the architecture mode, either the Enterprise System Architecture
(esa) mode or the z/Architecture mode (zarch).
The 64-bit instructions are only available with the z/Architecture mode. The combination of -m64 and -mesa results in a warning message.
- This option specifies the target processor. The following processor names
z10. Assembling an instruction that is not supported on the target processor results in an error message. Do not specify
- Allow symbolic names for registers.
- Do not allow symbolic names for registers.
- Warn whenever the operand for a base or index register has been specified but evaluates to zero. This can indicate the misuse of general purpose register 0 as an address register.